Howdy hey hey.
Not going to start off with an awkward introductory blog post – instead, here’s a list of exciting, shiny make up-y products I am eagerly awaiting in the mail. I plan to review most, if not all, of them, so stay tuned.
Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colour – I recently came across a review for this lip product while I was searching for some swatches of some shades from Revlon’s Colorburst Lip Butter on Shizznizzle’s and also Vampy Varnish’s blog, and fell in love with some of the colours! Seeing as no Australian stores carry the Wet N Wild brand, I managed to find most of the shades I wanted on eBay. These were similarly priced to what seems to be the average price in the USA (well, from what I’ve seen on a few blogs, anyway). I ordered the following shades:
- Mauve Outta Here
- Wine Room
- Spiked With Rum
- Ravin’ Raisin
- Sugar Plum Fairy
- Bare It All
- Cinnamon Spice
- Vamp It Up
As you can see, I bought a few different shades! I’ve been stuck in a rut of wearing red lip colours since I started wearing make up (well, ever since I started wearing lip colour), and only very recently wore a brown shade of lipstick that my mother passed onto me. I always steered away from brown lipsticks as I didn’t think that they would suit me and that I passed them off as “boring”. But, wow oh wow, that brown shade suited me quite well! Red now tends to clash a bit with my red/sorta brunette hair. I think it suited me more when I was blonde (my natural hair colour). I’m not steering away from reds completely, but I definitely need to branch out and get some more different colours.
- E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primerin Nude – until my mother had brought back Urban Decay’s Sustainable Shadow Box for me from an overseas trip, I had never tried an eyeshadow primer (there was a small sample tube included in the shadow box). Needless to say, I wondered what the hell I was doing without it! When it ran out, I was pretty bummed out about it. I purchased Australis’ eyeshadow primer from Priceline to try and replace my beloved eyeshadow primer. Yep, sorry Australis, but that purchase was definitely a waste of $12! Far too greasy, and I think I would have been better off without it! So, I have (grudgingly) been using Australis’ eyeshadow primer as I had nothing else readily available. Then I purchased a sample of Benefit’s The PoreFessional face primer. After seeing the wonders it did to make my pores pretty much vanish under my foundation, I tried using this as an eyeshadow primer. Again, too greasy! Don’t get me wrong, I will sing The PoreFessional’s praises until the cows come home, but it’s definitely not suited to be an eyeshadow primer. I read somewhere that E.L.F.’s Mineral Eyeshadow primer is a close dupe to Urban Decay’s Primer Potion, so I purchased one tube off eBay. Some Australian department stores (like Kmart) *do* stock E.L.F., but only a very limited range. I think I might still have an old Luscious Liquid Lipstick floating around somewhere~.
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti – I loved the formula of this! I purchased Raspberry Pie last month, and was quite pleased. However, Raspberry Pie is quite a vibrant red, and I wanted something a bit more neutral (and again, with the whole red lip colours clashing with my current hair colour). I’ve seen many reviews on this shade (Tutti Frutti) that claims it is a MLBB (My Lips, But Better) shade. I was slightly hesitant at first, as it seems like a very coral-y orange colour, and I hate anything coral. Absolutely hate it. There, I said it. I hate the coral trend, and I hate the orange lip colour trend. But opinions aside, I ordered one (again) off eBay to try to get off my “I-Hate-Coral-And-Orange” horse. Also, if you’re wondering why I order 90% of my cosmetics off eBay, it’s because Australia, when compared to the USA, have ridiculous prices. For example, I picked up Revlon’s ColorBurst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie for a little over $20. The average price in the USA seems to be around the $10 mark… Same goes for other brands, especially MAC! In Australia, you’d pay around $40 – $50 for a MAC foundation, whereas you can get them for around $30 – $40 in the USA. So annoying! So, needless to say, eBay has become my go-to for buying cosmetics, because I can usually get them for the “USA price” including shipping.
- Jordana Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner in Black – I’ve been using my Avon felt tipped black liquid eyeliner for maybe the past 2 years now – I know, I know, naughty me, that’s gross, etc – but the formula is amazing! I do wear it quite a bit, so it’s somewhat it’s amazing it’s lasted this long! My mother used to work for Avon on the side, so this is why I’ve got a few Avon products in my arsenal. I love this product so much, that I’d go as far as saying that it definitely was/is my Holy Grail black liquid eyeliner! It’s, sadly, getting to the end of the bottle now, so I’ve been searching for something to replace it. I purchased a black liquid eyeliner from Almay, and yeah. Quite bluntly, it was crap. It applied nicely, I guess, but the brush wasn’t all that fantastic and it smudged easily and didn’t last long. Disappointing! Haven’t really tried anything else from Almay, so I’m not writing them off completely. I definitely needed something to replace, so I came across a review of Jordana’s Fabuliner and it sounded pretty good! I purchased it off trusty eBay (seeing as I have never heard of the brand before, and haven’t seen them in any department stores over here). However, I have recently discovered that they have an Australian site/webstore with decent prices and shipping rates! So hopefully this eyeliner lives up to the praise it has received, so I can continue to purchase it.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip – oh, MAC. I am almost too scared to purchase anything from you! Pricing in Australia for MAC products is fairly high – if I was to buy this either online or in store here, I would be coughing up $33! For just a lip primer! In the USA, it comes in at a fair $15. Yeah. Not happy, Jan. Needless to say, eBay came to the rescue, again! Managed to purchase it for $20, including shipping. I’ve been keen on trying out a lip primer for a while. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but no matter how carefully and evenly I apply my lipstick (especially red, even with a lip liner!) it tends to not “sit” on the inside of my lip (which you can see when I’ve got a “normal” facial expression), and it’s starting to get a bit annoying. So hopefully this will work!
- MAC Lipstick Samples in Girl About Town and Goes And Goes – I’ve seen these two shades in a few blog reviews, and well, they look absolutely gorgeous in the swatches! Rather than fork out $40 *each* (again with the insane prices!!), I found a website selling authentic samples of MAC products, and bought a sample of each for $4. Really keen to try these colours out! If they’re definitely worth it, I’ll be more than happy to pay $40 each for them.
Well, that’s it for this week’s shopping! I should also note that I just signed up to receive a Bellabox monthly subscription, so I’ll be doing a review once I receive my first box. Looking forward to it!